It’s that time again… Time to focus on the good in life!
It’s been kind of a rough week, so today I’m even more excited to remember what I’m thankful for! Here goes:
- A husband and kid that like a little adventure.
- Having a pool in our neighborhood… So fun.
- A couple more pounds lost! Woohoo!
- A little visit to the fabulous ladies I used to work with… So fun.
- Making progress on a big project at our church.
- Being part of honoring a police officer that was shot in our community. A special experience.
- Continuing to tackle projects around the house… The never ending process…
- Our 10 year old poodle, still playing like a puppy.
- This coolish summer. Loving it!
- Hee hee… Sawyer had his first poop in the tub – and my husband was giving him his bath (thing to be thankful for #1). I was downstairs cooking dinner, listening to the giggles and clean-up. Thankful #2 – a husband who is grateful for the funny moments, too.
- Bedtime stories and prayers.
- A kid who is willing to try any food – and likes most of them!
- A husband who eats whatever I cook – even when I’m on a diet.
- We’re all consistently sleeping through the night. Hallelujah!
What are you thankful for today? Feel free to comment or share your blog link in the comment section!
It’s that time again! Quick, what are you thankful for today?
- Days at the zoo!
- Friends who make time to meet the little one and I at the zoo – of all places!
- Trying more new recipes.
- Missing the little man after he goes to bed… That’s a good thing, right?
- Fresh picked blueberries. Yum!
- Celebrating Dad’s birthday!
- Doggy cuddles.
- Blue skies.
- Seeing two eagles in one day!
- Six month old giggles.
- Fresh peaches.
- Breezes through the windows at night.
- “Sleeping in” til 7am!
- Being missed.
- Baby milestones…
- That “I can DO this” feeling.
- The smell of fresh, damp air early in the morning…
- A hubby that can’t wait for “boys’ night” with the baby, while I go out with friends.
- Faith. In God. In myself. In others.
- A great week!
In the midst of all of life’s uncertainties and frustrations, I truly believe there is always something to be thankful for…
So, once a week, I will be making a list of what is making me smile. I’ll start with 10… But no need to limit if they just keep flowing!
I’d love to hear what you’re thankful for, too! Leave a comment. Or if you write a blog, post what you’re thankful for and share your link in the comment section! I’d love to visit…
- A cleaned out fridge.
- Homemade baby food – that I made!
- A new recipe that was delicious last night! (Jamie Oliver’s Beef Hash – Yum!)
- A new shower curtain that makes me smile.
- My desk is finally cleared off and ready for creativity!
- The little man is army crawling… and fast!
- Plans with a girlfriend this afternoon… and they include chocolate!
- So many new blog followers – Thank you! You all make me smile!
- Little red wagons – and little boys’ obsession with them.
- A visit last weekend from a good friend.
Gotta love a friend that adores your kid this much!
- A walk on Tuesday with my mom and the grandkid.
- A cool week… I’ve loved it!
- The hubby got up with Sawyer at 3:30am – and I got to sleep. Thank the Lord!
- Lotion that smells so, so good!
- Music – loving the new Jason Mraz song “Love Someone.”
What’s on your list today?
So, I’m big into the whole idea of “gratefulness.” Anybody who knows me, knows I’m a pro at finding the good in almost any situation; and when things seem hopeless, dreary, frustrating, or I’m just darn right cranky – I make myself think of 10 things to be thankful for.
Because even when life just plain sucks… There’s always something good. Always blessings lurking, daring to help us through the dark days.
So, once a week, I will be making a list of what I’m thankful for. I’ll start with 10… But no need to limit if they just keep flowing!
I’d love to hear what you’re thankful for, too! Leave a comment. Or if you write a blog, post what you’re thankful for and link up!
I think too often in this world we complain and join in others’ complaints… Why not start a shift? Why not encourage each other in being thankful and seeing the good, instead? And sometimes, I believe, we inspire each other to see situations and things in new ways…!
So what are you thankful for today? Here’s mine:
- Cool mornings
- Beginning healthy habits again
- Giggles in the jumperoo
- My squash flowers in full bloom
- Developing routines
- Dinner plans tonight
- Reading books with the kiddo
- Kiddo’s naptimes
- My parents’ visit yesterday
- A friend coming to visit this weekend
- Puppy cuddles
- Pictures that make me smile
- Finishing this season of Game of Thrones (Ugh)
- Brandi Carlile’s music
- A hubby that does the grocery shopping
- …and cleans the bathrooms!
- Not traveling this weekend (I’ve had enough for awhile)
- Friends who make me giggle
Ok – You’re turn! Comment or link up – What are you thankful for today?